If your Smart fan does not connect to WiFi then this can be caused by a few factors.
If you are a Hyperoptic customer please follow this link: Hyperoptic solution
If you cannot seem to connect to your product it may be that you are not connected to the correct WiFi band in your home. Below are the typical WiFi bands:
- 2.4GHz WiFi band works over longer distances but at a slower speed.
2.4GHz can be used with this product.
- 5GHz WiFi band works over short distances but at faster speeds.
5GHz cannot be used with this product.
This product requires a 2.4GHz WiFi band to connect to the Homewizard climate app. You may be using a router that produces a 5GHz WiFi band.
Simple ways to check your WiFi:
Check the label on the back of your router. It may show you the name of each WiFi that is given and ensure you connect your phone to the 2.4GHz network.
To do this, on your phone:
- Go to settings and select Wireless networks
- Find the 2G network in the list
- Connect to this network using the password from your router.
Some routers will not give this option, in this case you would need to make some manual adjustments on the router.
Below are a few options on how to adjust your router:
Check online help guides, there are many provided by each Internet Service Provider and search for “change wireless channel” or “Change WiFi band”
- Virgin Media: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband
- BT: http://bt.custhelp.com/
- Sky: https://helpforum.sky.com/
- TalkTalk: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/
- Check the user manual of your router, look for information on “Wireless channel” or “Wi-Fi band” and follow the steps accordingly to ensure your router is producing 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.
- It may be required to temporarily disable 5GHz Wi-Fi during setup then enable it again after.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider for support on your router that they supplied you. This should be a free service and they can guide you through this process.
Should the above not help then it could be a case that your router is not compatible. Please contact our after sales teams in order to help you and guide you though a solution.